Collective Worship Council
Collective worship committee members for 2019/2020 are to remain the same as during the last academic year. Unfortunately, we are unable to meet at present due to restrictions, but when we can, new Year 3 representatives will be selected.
- We meet regularly every half term to discuss the assemblies and plan themes to ensure our assemblies remain exciting, engaging and relevant.
- We also evaluate our assemblies thinking about how they link to our Crowlees Christian Values.
- We help to develop imaginative ideas for our reflection areas and encourage spirituality.
- We suggest ways we can be involved in wider community projects.
- We are involved in special assemblies and a yearly visit to Pilgrim Homes residential flats of the elderly in Mirfield.
On the 6th October we invited St John’s CE Primary Academy’s Collective Worship Committee to take part in a joint learning walk, looking at evidence of Christian Values in school. They saw some wonderful things – we are really proud of their feedback…
“I really like the way the children have the values like compassion- I saw children playing in a kind way with Lego” (working together/Compassion- Edward)
“All the children were doing their best” (Outstanding- Phoebe)
“The children had big grins on their faces – they looked like they were enjoying their learning” (Learning – Isabelle)
“The children respected the teacher and the teachers showed respect back” (Respect – Bailey)
“We saw a lesson about Christian Aid” (Learning – Emily)
“There was no pushing and everyone was moving calmly” (Safety)
What the children said:
“God created nature so the outdoor classroom is very important”
“We noticed the Crowlees Values all around the school”
“I like the way you value other faiths (seen in displays) It’s important because Christians respect others and we are all equal”
“The cross in every class was made up of the children’s names because it shows they all make up the class and we all belong together”
Here are some of our RE displays around school. They help us to remember the Christian message and celebrate key events from the liturgical calendar.
Summer Term Assemblies Click here to view this term assembles
Golden assemblies in the final week of term
Summer: Cycle of Prayers
especially on the World Day of Prayer for Vocations (4th Sunday of Easter – 25.4.21)
especially on St Joseph the Worker (1 May)
The Right Use of the Media
especially on World Communications Day (7th Sunday of Easter/Pentecost
especially on Pentecost Sunday