Meet the governors
Here are the Minutes
Annual General Meeting – 12 September 2017
Finance Committee Meeting- 6th March 2018
INSTRUMENT OF GOVERNANCE
1) The name of the School is Crowlees Church of England (Voluntary Controlled) Junior and Infant School.
2) The school is a Voluntary Controlled School.
3) The name of the governing body is ‘The Governing Body of Crowlees Church of England (Voluntary Controlled) Junior and Infant School’.
4) The governing body shall consist of :- (a) 1 Head Teacher: Mrs K Woods (b) 1 Staff Governor: Miss N Morgan (c) 1 LA Governor: Vacancy (d) 2 Parent Governors: Dr S Watts and Mr J Breeze (e) 2 Foundation Governors (referred to in paragraphs 6 or 7 below): Rev H Baker, Mr C Wilding (f) 8 Co-opted Governors: Mr S King, Mr J Hudson, Rev H Bulter (Chair), Mrs R Corcoran, Mr N McKeown, Mrs M Shilton, Mr P Byrne and Mr M Lord.
5) Total number of governors is 15.
6) 1 Foundation Governor appointed by the Leeds Diocesan Board of Education after consultation with the Parochial Church Council for the Parish of St Mary the Virgin, Mirfield.
7) a. The holder of the following office shall be a Foundation Governor ex-officio: The Vicar of St Mary the Virgin, Mirfield. b. The Archdeacon of the Archdeaconry within which the School is situated shall appoint a Foundation Governor to act in the place of the ex-officio Foundation Governor whose governorship derives from the office named in (a) above, in the event that the ex-officio Foundation Governor is unable or unwilling to act as a Foundation Governor, or there is a vacancy in the office by virtue of which his governorship ends.
8) The Archdeacon of the Archdeaconry in which the School is situated shall be entitled to request the removal of any ex-officio Foundation Governor and to appoint any substitute governor.
9) Ethos statement for the School Recognising its historic foundation, the School will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level. The School aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
10) That the School has a trust deed.
11) This instrument of government comes into effect on 1 September 2014.
12) This instrument was made by The Kirklees Church of England (Voluntary Controlled) Schools (Instrument of Government) No 12 Order 2014. 13) A copy of the instrument must be supplied to every member of the governing body (and the head teacher, if not a governor).
ACADEMIC YEAR 2017 – 18
|Name||Type||Current Term Ends|
|Rev H Baker||Foundation||Ex-Officio|
|Mr C Wilding||Foundation||26-03-2019|
|Mr J Breeze||Parent||03-12-2019|
|Mrs R Wrathmell||Parent||03-11-2020|
|Mrs N Collins||Staff||04-09-2020|
|Mrs K Woods||Staff||HT|
|Mr N McKeown||Co-opted||19-05-2019|
|Rev H Butler||Co-opted||17-07-2020|
|Mr M Lord||Co-opted||22-11-2019|
|Mr P Byrne||Co-opted||02-12-2019|
|Mrs M Shilton||Co-opted||31-08-2018|
|Mr J Hudson||Co-opted||31-08-2018|
|Mrs R Corcoran||Co-opted||09-10-2018|
|Mr S King||Co-opted||31-08-2018|
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP AND POSITION OF RESPONISIBILTY
|Name||Committee membership||Position of responsibility|
|Rev H Baker||–||Vicar of St Mary’s Curch|
|Mr C Wilding||Staff dismissals/Curriculum & Monitoring/Teacher Appraisals/Head Teacher Performance Management||Foundation Governor|
|Mrs R Wrathmell||Curriculum Monitoring|
|Mr J Breeze||Finance/Dismissal Appeals|
|Miss N Morgan||–||Class teacher|
|Mrs K Woods||Staffing/Finance/Curriculum & Monitoring/Teacher Appraisal||Head teacher|
|Mr N McKeown||Pupil Discipline/Curriculum & Monitoring/Head Teacher’s Performance Management||Vice Chair; Early Years Foundation Stage Governor|
|Rev H Butler||Pupil Discipline/Curriculum & Monitoring/ Head Teacher’s Performance Management/Complaints||Parish Priest; Chair of Governors|
|Mr M Lord||Pupil Discipline||Governor for Vulnerable Children (Looked after children/ Child Protection/safeguarding/pupil premium)|
|Mr P Byrne||Pupil discipline/Complaints|
|Mrs M Shilton||–||Health & Safety Governor|
|Mr J Hudson||Finance/ Dismissal Appeals||Finance Governor|
|Mrs R Corcoran||Staffing/Curriculum & Monitoring||Deputy head; SEN Governor|
|Mr S King||Staff dismissals/Teacher Appraisals/ Complaints|
CURRENT GOVERNOR INTERESTS
|Name||Interests declared at AGM|
|Rev H Baker||Vicar of St Mary’s Church Mirfield|
|Mr C Wilding||NIL|
|Mrs R Wrathmell||NIL|
|Mr J Breeze||Extra curricular co-ordinator (Spen Trust)|
|Miss N Morgan||Teacher at Crowlees|
|Mrs K Woods||Head Teacher at Crowlees|
|Mr N McKeown||NIL|
|Rev H Butler||Consultant for ‘Collaboratives’ School Improvement;|
|Mr M Lord||NIL|
|Mr P Byrne||NIL|
|Mrs M Shilton||Teaching Assistant at Crowlees|
|Mr J Hudson||NIL|
|Mrs R Corcoran||Deputy head teacher at Crowlees|
|Mr S King||NIL|